Pantheon Hype Video

News Ticker
  • News ticker sample
  • News ticker sample
Sign in to follow this  
Maclypse

Maclypse

Hi all,

Maclypse here. I've been playing MMOs since EQ Launch, and gaming for much longer before that. I'm looking forward to Pantheon and, at this point at least, thinking I will be playing a Bard. In EQ, the Bard quickly became my favorite class once I started playing one. While they are generally the "Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none", the utility they offer the group, particularly in EQ, is unrivaled. 

For this site, I just look forward to getting to know the community better, and contributing where I can. I feel that I can draw from my years of experience to help others out, and hopefully offer a unique insight into the game and genre.

• Like 3

I'm pretty much banking on bards being available at launch.  I can't imagine an MMO without them!  Can you imagine how much content would need to be re-balanced if they were added later?  So ... one thing I'd like to see for bards is giving them the option to unlock "fun" songs, including 8 bit versions.  I had the same idea for enchanters ... allow them to unlock some sort of "fun" pet skins or graphics.  Utility wise, both of these classes will be pretty sought after whether you're grouping for XP, crawling a dungeon, raiding, questing, etc.  They bring so much to the table.  But I'm really curious what kind of fun and flavorful stuff we'll have access to.  8 bit soundtracks would be pretty interesting and would definitely bring back the nostalgia feeling.  The enchanter pets are obviously pushing it ... I could see it being pretty immersion breaking for some, but you never know!  Maybe it could be limited to certain zones or areas (like in a rented hall) ... I don't know, just random thoughts I was having earlier.  I mentioned it on this thread: 

Anyway, welcome to the community!  Glad to have you.

37 minutes ago, Maclypse said:

Hi all,

Maclypse here. I've been playing MMOs since EQ Launch, and gaming for much longer before that. I'm looking forward to Pantheon and, at this point at least, thinking I will be playing a Bard. In EQ, the Bard quickly became my favorite class once I started playing one. While they are generally the "Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none", the utility they offer the group, particularly in EQ, is unrivaled. 

For this site, I just look forward to getting to know the community better, and contributing where I can. I feel that I can draw from my years of experience to help others out, and hopefully offer a unique insight into the game and genre.

Hey Maclypse, welcome to the forums my friend! Happy to have you with us :D