Pantheon Hype Video

News Ticker
  • News ticker sample
  • News ticker sample
Sign in to follow this  
urgatorb8

Greetings from URGatorB8

Hello everyone,

Very excited to have discovered these forums.  I am hopeful they will grow, be successful and be a place where the discourse is active and civil.  To be honest, I recently had the notion to start a Pantheon-related forum myself even though I have no real experience in creating, or running one.  My aim was going to be to have a place where meaningful discussions could be had but where I would have some control in nurturing a community of mature (not necessarily meaning "older") members in the hope that it didn't devolve into the cesspool that many forums eventually become.  Having now found Fantheon, it seems like your vision is along the same line as this and, quite frankly, this site looks far better than anything I would have ever cobbled together.  Nice job!

About me... I am in my early 50's and have been playing video games since my grandparents bought an original Pong upright arcade console for the restaurant/bar they owned in the 70's.  I had many of the early home consoles - anyone remember the Magnavox Odyssey? - which kept me satisfied until I got my first PC.  Too many games played over the years but when EQ came on the scene, I was hooked.  From that point forward, 90% of my game time was centered around the MMORPG.  

Once I got married and had children, my play time scaled back but I still managed to have enriching experiences in-game.  About 10 or so years ago, I moved away from MMOs as the good ones grew too outdated, the mediocre ones turned for the worse, and nothing new and fresh tickled my fancy.  Over the past year, however, a desire has been welling in me for the good ole days.  During a random Google search last year I discovered Pantheon.  I read every written word I could find about it, watched every stream, and was instantly bought-in to VR's vision.  It was like finding a way to relive your very first kiss.  I became a supporter that night.

So here I am now, like most of you, trying to figure out what to do with my free time while I await the time when I can first step in Terminus.  I hope to drop into these forums from time to time to see what interesting discussions are being had, and hopefully contributing with a thought or two.  Until then, safe travels to all.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!  I too have been following Pantheon very closely since the first day I found it (January 2017).  I spend quite a bit of time on the regular forum but I do have hopes that this one can pick up some traction in the future.  I have a few ideas lined up that should be able to help with that and look forward to what lies ahead.  Cheers!

• Like 1